Transition Coordinator set too late to be useful for unwind segues
||Date Originated:||05 August 2014|
||Product Version:||iOS 8.0 (12A4345d)|
If you have a storyboard-driven unwind segue connected to an unwind IBAction there is no way to retrieve the transitionCoordinator for the unwind transition.
This would be beneficial to animate alongside the unwinding animation or execute code after the animation ended.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create an app that shows a modal VC and has a button to trigger an unwinding.
2. in the unwinding IBAction inspect the passed UIStoryboardSegue
- the source and destination view controller's transitionCoordinator should be set to the instance of the transition coordinator for the unwinding segue
- the source and destination view controller's transitionCoordinate is nil
- the same is also true als in canPerformUnwindSegueAction:
- there is no way to get hold of the relevant transitionCoordinator
This is the same on iOS 7. I believe that this is a general oversight since very few people understand unwind segues and instead keep using the dismissViewController methods programmatically.
Reports posted here will not necessarily be seen by Apple.
All problems should be submitted at bugreport.apple.com before they are posted here.
Please only post information for Radars that you have filed yourself, and please do
not include Apple confidential information in your posts. Thank you!