Interface Builder's First Responder is missing some Editing Actions
||Date Originated:||Jan 30, 2013|
||Product Version:||Version 4.6 (4H127)|
When creating a new Mac app the Interface Builder does not see several standard actions, amongst them redo:. This leads to developer confusion if you want to re-add an Edit menu because there is no redo action to connect to a Redo menu item.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a new Mac app
- view MainMenu.xib's actions on First Responder
- several items, including redo: have an exclamation mark next to them
- delete the connection to redo and the item will disappear altogether
- There is an undo: action, so there should also be a redo: action
- I would expect to be able to connect a Redo menu item to a redo: action.
- There is no redo: action visible
- Instead the
- I need to create a custom action redo: to be able to make the connection
- This is usually not noticeable because few people would remove the Edit menu.
As a workaround you can create a custom action named redo:. It does not seem to interfere with normal operation of the app. You can also remove the custom action after making the connection if you don't mind the exclamation mark in the list of First Responder's actions.
Reports posted here will not necessarily be seen by Apple.
All problems should be submitted at bugreport.apple.com before they are posted here.
Please only post information for Radars that you have filed yourself, and please do
not include Apple confidential information in your posts. Thank you!