||Date Originated:||July 18, 2014|
||Product Version:||8.0.0 (12A4318c)|
When having set Siri to German you can ask for a Timer to be started with “5 Minute Timer”, but not with “5 Minute Countdown”.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set Siri to German
- Hold the Home Button to get Siri to listen
- Ask for “5 Minuten Countdown”
- a 5 Minute Timer should begin to count down
- Siri performs a web search for “5 Minuten Count-down”
- German user gets frustrated
- This has been bothering me for quite some time
In German both “Timer” and “Countdown” can be used synonymously, both being words borrowed from the English language, both being pronounced the English way.
Reports posted here will not necessarily be seen by Apple.
All problems should be submitted at bugreport.apple.com before they are posted here.
Please only post information for Radars that you have filed yourself, and please do
not include Apple confidential information in your posts. Thank you!